|Apr 08, 2011
EUROCOM Racer: The Fastest 15.6 inch Fully Upgradeable Notebook now available with 7 different VGA options
Eurocom Corporation (www.eurocom.com) , a leading mobile technology developer has been testing performance levels of the optional VGA cards in the EUROCOM Racer notebook. The custom built EUROOM Racer supports eight high performance video cards.
The EUROCOM Racer supports high performance, high power VGA technologies up to a 100 Watts GPUs including NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M, AMD Radeon HD 6970M or NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M equipped with 2GB of superfast DDR5 Video Memory.
EUROCOM Racer can be equipped with a Matte or Glossy Full HD 1920-by-1080 pixels 16:9 LED backlit display panels.
EUROCOM Racer is a high end professional and gaming notebook. Being fully configurable and customizable allows users to build their system to their exact specifications, operational and/or application requirements.
“The EUROCOM Racer is currently the fastest 15.6” notebook with the widest selection of VGA options. With the powerful Intel Core i7 Extreme Mobile processors, high performance AMD HD6970M technology, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M and Quadro FX 5000M this platform is capable to provide a single computer solution for on-the-go Engineering and replace traditional bulky desktop based workstations” said Mark Bialic, President and CTO of Eurocom Corporation.
EUROCOM Racer is powered by an 180W AC Adapter which allows support for powerful GPU’s, up to 32 GB of RAM and new Intel Sandy Bridge processors.
Video Card Benchmarks
AMD Radeon HD 6970M
3DMark Vantage: P 13397
3D Mark 11: P 3420
3DMark 06: 21043
Unigine Heaven 2.1: 680, 27 FPS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M
3DMark Vantage: P 15011
3D Mark 11: P 2971
3DMark 06: 20732
Unigine Heaven 2.1: 739, 29.3 FPS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470M
3DMark Vantage: P 10955
3D Mark 11: P 2239
3DMark 06: 18098
Unigine Heaven 2.1: 545, 21.7 FPS
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
3DMark Vantage: P 8983
3D Mark 11: P 1834
3DMark 06: 14619
Unigine Heaven 2.1: 445, 17.7 FPS
Eurocom Benchmarks Mini Site:
Eurocom Racer VGA Benchmarks:
EUROCOM Racer key Specs:
• Display:15.6-inch Full HD 1920-by-1080; Backlit LED Display with Glossy/Matte Surface
• Memory: up to 32GB; 4x RAM sockets, DDR3 1333/1600 MHz
• VGA: Modular Design; MXM 3.0b; 100W; supports both NVIDIA GeForce, Quadro and AMD GPUs; single VGA operation
• Processor: supports Sandy Bridge line of Intel i5 and i7 Core processors; up to Intel Core i7 2920XM Extreme Edition with 8GB of L3 cache
• Storage: up to 2 physical drives, SSD, hybrid or mechanical, up to 1.75TB of storage.
• Card Reader:9-in-1: MMC/RSMMC SD/MinSD/SDHC/SDXC MS/MS Pro/MS Duo
• Ports: 2x USB 3.0; 2x USB 2.0; DVI-DL; 1x IEEE1394a; 1x eSATA; 1x HDMI out; 1x Headphone jack; 1x Microphone jack; 1x S/PDIF out; 1x Line-in; 1x RJ45 for LAN
• Communications: 1Gigabit LAN on-board; optional WLAN N or Bluetooth + WLAN Combo and/or 3.75G Mini Card UMTS/HSDPA
• Weight & Dimensions: 3.1kg/6.82lbs; 376x256x35-43mm / 15.04x10.24x1.4-1.72 inch
Upgradable MXM 3.0b VGA Technology Options
The EUROCOM racer supports MXM 3.0b Video technology up to 100W.
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 485M; 2GB DDR5 Video; 384 CUDA cores; 256-bit; DX11; 100W
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480M; 2GB DDR5 Video; 352 CUDA cores; 256 bit; DX11; 100W
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470M; 1.5GB DDR5 Video; 288 CUDA cores; 192 bit; DX11; 65-75W
• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M; 1.5GB DDR5 Video; 192 CUDA cores; 192 bit; DX11; 65W
NVIDIA Quadro FX
• NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M; 1GB DDR3 Video; 128 CUDA cores; 256 bit; DX11; OpenGL 3.2; 100W
• NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800M; 1GB DDR3 Video; 96 CUDA cores; 256 bit; DX11; OpenGL 3.2; 75W
AMD Radeon Mobility
• AMD Radeon HD6970M; 2GB DDR5 Video; 960 stream processors; 256 bit; DX11; 75-100W
Upgradable Processor: Intel Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
The EUROCOM Racer supports Intels newest Sandy Bridge processor technology.
• 2.50 GHz Intel Mobile Core i7-2920XM; 4C/8T; 8MB L3; 32nm; 55W
• 2.30 GHz Intel Mobile Core i7-2820QM; 4C/8T; 8MB L3; 32nm; 45W
• 2.20 GHz Intel Mobile Core i7-2720QM; 4C/8T; 6MB L3; 32nm; 45W
• 2.50 GHz Intel Mobile Core i5-2520M; 2C/4T; 3MB L3; 32nm; 35W
• 2.60 GHz Intel Mobile Core i5-2540M; 2C/4T; 3MB L3; 32nm; 35W
The EUROCOM Racer starts at $1249 USD
Eurocom Higher Education Program:
Eurocom is committed in assisting students and future generations acquire highly capable computer equipment that can last a lifetime. “Eurocom has a goal of helping every student and graduate progress towards being an active participant of the global workforce. Eurocom is rewarding the quest for knowledge by offering increased discounts for higher educational achievements” explained Mark Bialic, president of Eurocom. To learn more about the Eurocom Higher Education Program please visit the dedicated Education Web Page
Eurocom is a leading developer of desktop replacement and mobile workstation technology. Eurocom began with the goal of creating the most advanced computer systems and using advanced engineering techniques typically unseen in the computer industry. The company has produced many firsts and continues to engineer well-balanced machines and VGA solutions that inspire and enable individuals to reach great possibilities.
For more information, please visit www.eurocom.com
©2011 Eurocom Corporation all rights reserved. Eurocom and the ‘Eurocom’ logo are trademarks of Eurocom Corporation. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.