|Sep 27, 2005
Eurocom D900K F-BOMB - the World’s First Dual Core AMD-Based Notebook
Eurocom Corporation, a leader in the Desktop Replacement notebook technology since 1989 has launched a more powerful than ever before Mobile Workstation. Eurocom has taken the next step in the evolution of the desktop replacement by combining workstation like features, power and flexibility with Eurocom desktop replacement technology and AMD Dual Core and FX Single Core Processing Power.
Dual Core Processing Represents the next step in computing evolution and Eurocom already has announced a mobile system supporting the technology before many desktop manufacturers have reached this goal.
Professionals using desktop based workstations are limited today to large expensive systems complicated to operate, fixed locations, lack of portability, and the need to work and maintain with at least two computers systems, one in the office and one outside, resulting in high operating cost ($6000 USD per system yearly cost of support). They are unable to work outside of office with customers due to lack of sufficient power and flexibility of traditional notebooks currently available on the market. With the creation of the new class of notebooks, producers, designers, engineers, architects, programmers, animators, film editors and special effects gurus can go mobile and practice their craft anywhere they see fit equipped with mobile systems capable of running 3D modeling and engineering software with a single computer solution.
AMD Dual Core Technology Advantage As stated by AMD, “In today's digital world the demands of complex 3D simulations, streaming media files, added levels of security, more sophisticated user interfaces, larger databases, and more on-line users are beginning to exceed single-core processor capabilities.
Multi-core processors enable true multitasking. On single-core systems, multitasking can max out CPU utilization, resulting in decreased performance as operations have to wait to be processed. On multi-core systems, since each core has its own cache, the operating system has sufficient resources to handle most compute intensive tasks in parallel. Multi-core technology can improve system efficiency and application performance for computers running multiple applications at the same time.”
Definition of Mobile Workstation
Mobile workstations are designed with a professional user in mind. With unrivalled power, unsurpassed features and unmatched style, the Mobile Workstation is the ultimate evolution of the Desktop replacement notebook. Mobile Workstation is the most powerful notebook on the market. It is engineered for the highest quality, best performance, long-term stability and latest computing technology. Mobile workstation features the most innovative computer technologies such as:
the fastest processors on the market - AMD Dual Core and FX 64-bit, Intel Pentium 4 Prescott up to 3.6 GHz (FSB800)
dual-channel memory DDR 400 MHz and DDR2 533 MHz up to 2 GB
high-end upgradeable graphics with 256MB of DDR2 video with ATI and NVIDIA chipsets certified for OpenGL
large capacity notebook hard drives up to 160 GB or 320 GB of storage with multiple drives
data integrity solution with RAID 0 and 1 in a notebook (RAID 5 coming soon)
mega wide displays such as 17-inch widescreen LCD with the highest resolution of WSXGA+ (1680x1050) or WUXGA (1920x1200) and Super Clear Glossy Surface
1 Gigabit LAN and wireless 802.11a/b/g or 802.11b/g LAN and Bluetooth
multiple optical drives including 4x DVD+-RW (DVD Burner) and multi DVD Burner
102-key full size keyboards with a separate numeric keypad
internal TV tuners, dual monitor support via DVI-I port
internal PC cameras for video conferencing
internal subwoofer and, card readers and more...
Mobile workstation market trends and opportunities
In considering the types of people that require large amounts of processing power in order to be productive, several groups come to mind. The mobile workstation market encompasses design professionals such as engineers and architects who require high performance computers and are thus limited to working on multiple computer systems. Using mobile workstations on a job site or as a sales tool for live demonstrations of virtual walkthroughs and 3D modeling will give edge to firms who wish to appear tech savvy.
Digital Content Creation (DCC) is one area that is growing daily along with the growth of the internet. DCC also can make use of portable processing power. With the instantaneous nature of the internet, having a mobile workstation on hand for real time image capture, video editing, sound mixing and graphic work will allow companies to bring all kinds of services and information to the web in real time (shareholder meetings, press conferences etc.) Digital Content Creation is not just limited to web work either but to all kinds of design work for marketing, advertising, writing, coding, Flash design, Photoshop work etc.
Another market for the mobile workstation lies of course with gamers. No other group demands the latest and most powerful hardware and has been willing to pay a premium for it. This group is looking more and more at mobile systems that allow them to come together at LAN parties and compete en-masse for prizes and pride. This group also is heavily into customization of their hardware, and very knowledgeable about the latest equipment. Eurocom hardware has found much success with this group already.
There is another trend in the market that makes the portable workstation ideal for a growing section of the workforce; outsourced, freelance and tele-workers. The finance and accounting outsourcing market alone is expected to generate $37.7 billion worldwide by 2004, according to research firm Gartner Inc. Some estimates price the global outsourcing market at $300 billion annually. All kinds of jobs are being outsourced, including engineering, design, marketing, accounting and more. These jobs are being done by people that need to be mobile, but also demand a high degree of productivity from their equipment.
EUROCOM D900K F-Bomb notebook
Introducing the D900K F-Bomb, the world’s first notebook with a Dual Core AMD Athlon 64 X2 processor for blistering application performance. From artwork design to video editing and gaming, the dual core processor will make sure that your system stays responsive when taking care of the most complex multiple tasks. The Xtreme 64 delivers true multi-tasking, allowing you to switch from one program to another without waiting for the computer to catch up. The D900K F-Bomb features fully upgradeable video technology with 256MB GDDR3 and 16-pixel pipelines to ensure that even the latest applications and games look their best wherever you are. It supports the most powerful mobile graphics accelerators available from ATi and nVidia including ATI's Mobility Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition, nVidia 6800 Ultra or nVidia's Quadro FX1400. Take the optional AMD Athlon 64 FX-57 to boost your fps even further. Our unique UltraBright Glossy screen technology comes as standard giving a wider viewing angle and improved colour brilliance. Choose your D900K F-Bomb with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition for a fully 64-bit capable notebook and take advantage of new 64-bit applications and games which will harness this increased power now!
- up to 4000+ AMD Athlon 64 FX57; 939-pin; 1MB cache; single core
- 256MB GDDR3 Nvidia 6800
- 256MB GDDR3 Nvidia 6800 Ultra
- 256MB GDDR3 ATi Mobility Radeon x800
- 256MB GDDR3 ATi Mobility Radeon x800 XT Platinum Edition
Mobile Workstation technology
1. Power Processor technology
- AMD 64-bit Dual Core and FX processors for greater stability and higher performance for today's demanding users, wireless mobility, and long battery life and built-in support for next generation AMD64 software.
- High-capacity memory up to 2 GB of Dual-Channel DDR2 PC4200 533 MHz (4 memory sockets and 2 dual-channels) offers the path to higher bandwidth memory solutions
- DDR2 is the next logical progression for memory standards and speeds. It incorporates several new designs and specifications which play a part in its increased speed. DDR2 allows higher processing speed due to higher density of the memory chips
3. Display technology / Video
- upgradeable video module with 259MB DDR2 NVIDIA two next generation graphics cards with OpenGL and HDTV output - the most powerful video chipset with Open GL standard, that is necessary for high-end 3D design and modeling applications; in the future there will be other modules available for D900 model
- 16x PCI Express supplying up to 150W of power to NVIDIA graphics card. The EUROCOM D900 F-Bomb is the1st notebook with PCI Express architecture. PCI Express architecture provides for extremely high bandwidth at low cost. PCI Express can offer up to 70 times the bandwidth of today's PCI architecture and is scaleable for the future
- 17' mega wide WUXGA (1920x 1200 pixels) with clear glossy finish for reduced glare give perfect clarity and 16:9 aspect ratio - provide plenty of room on a desktop for menus, toolbars and palettes in graphics applications, and limit scrolling from the left to the right when working with spreadsheets and financial applications; for widescreen DVD movies
- internal TV tuner supports both NTSC and MultiPAL systems
- 2 physical high capacity and high performance hard drives for maximum storage up to 240 GB
- support ATA or regular IDE ATA drives
- support SATA - a new interface development that runs in a serial mode instead of the parallel mode of the older IDE standards which allows for greater bandwidth (1.5 GB/s) and smaller cables. SATA transfers data in a single stream (serially) in comparison to PATA that transfers in multiple streams
- fault tolerance RAID 1 and RAID 0 setup
RAID LEVEL 0
Level 0 is disk striping only, which interleaves data across multiple disks for better performance. It does not provide safeguards against failure. RAID 0 is widely used in gaming machines for higher speed.
RAID LEVEL 1
Uses disk mirroring, which provides 100% duplication of data. Offers highest reliability, but doubles storage cost. RAID 1 is widely used in business applications.
- Portable storage: Standard internal 10-in-1 card reader supports all major memory cards such as: Secure Digital/MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, SmartMedia, CompactFlash.
5. Optical drives
- 2 optical drives to allow CD or DVD duplication
- Choice of drives such as: DVD-ROM, COMBO drives (DVD-ROM and CD-RW), dual 2x, 4x DVD Burners (DVD+-R/+-RW) and 4x Slot Super DVD Multi Drives (DVD-RAM/+RW/-RW; CD-RW; DVD/CD-ROM).
- Wired: 1 gigabit LAN and 56K V90/V92 WinModem
- Wireless: 802.11a/b/g or 802.11b/g wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- video conferencing with internal CCD camera (1.5 Megapixel WebCam positioned just above the LCD)
7. Surround Sound
- High performance Sound-Blaster Pro compatible audio system with virtual 6-channel audio output; S/PDIF Digital output (5.1 CH), 4 internal speakers and optional sub-woofer offer home theater-like experience
- Audio on D900 model: AC97; 3D stereo; virtual 6-channels; SB Pro
8. Full size Keyboard
- full size 102-key 25-inch long desktop-like keyboard with a separate non-embedded numeric keypad makes typing and number crunching easy and very comfortable
- 2 x on-board FireWire IEEE1394a (400)
- MDC module
- 1x RJ45 - Internal LAN Interface
- 1x S-Video In with TV Tuner option
- 4x USB v.2.0
- 1x S-Video Out for TV/HDTV
- 1x External Monitor DVI-I with max resolution 1600x1200 dpi
- 1x parallel LPT1; ECP/EPP
- 1x serial
- 1x IrDA FIR/SIR/ASKIR
- 1x dual for keyboard and mouse PS/2 Port
- 1x Kensington port for Security Cable and Lock.
We live in a stressful world, and nothing is more stressful than knowing you have no control over the environment in which you work. Eurocom wants to give more people the opportunity to make use of the latest technology where they feel the most comfortable. For some people that is in the office environment, but for many and increasingly - it is at home, at a friends' house or at the coffee bar. Can you imagine lugging a bulky 200 pound workstation into Starbucks? By offering a new complete mobile computer solution such as mobile workstation, Eurocom invites people to empower themselves and decide when and where they are at their most productive.
Eurocom Corporation is a leading innovator in the notebook industry. The company has produced many firsts, such as manufacturing the first notebook with a 15.1-inch LCD panel and a full-size, 102-key, keyboard. Since 1989, Canada-based Eurocom Corporation has led the Desktop Replacement Notebook™ industry with over 950 dedicated resellers and agents worldwide. For more information please visit www.eurocom.com