|Mar 04, 2016
Eurocom launches unlocked BIOS for Sky X9W Mobile Workstation with Intel Core i7 6700K, NVIDIA Quadro M5000M, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 4K 17.3” display
The EUROCOM Sky X9W gives customers complete control over their Mobile Workstation by giving them the ability to control nearly every aspect of their custom built, fully configurable professional grade system. Equipped with the most powerful Intel Processors up to Intel Core i7 6700K accompanied by 64 GB DDR4 memory, 5 TB Solid State storage and professional graphics up to NVIDIA Quadro M5000M powering an exquisite 17.3” 4K Ultra HD display.
“Eurocom is all about freedom, freedom to choose the components of your upgradeable, custom built workstation and now users have the freedom to control the performance with an unlocked BIOS equipped EUROCOM Sky X9W Workstation” Eurocom President Mark Bialic.
The EUROCOM Sky X9W is completely user-upgradeable, fully customizable and extremely flexible, allowing the Sky X9W to be configured with a variety of options including various Quadro GPUs and high performance desktop socket processors. The EUROCOM Sky X9W has mission critical reliability and super computer performance with quality to last and upgradeability to improve the capability along the way.
“With the performance and capability of the EUROCOM Sky X9W it is really more of a desktop workstation with an integrated display, keyboard, battery and the mobility offered therein. With the EUROCOM Sky X9W you can have a supercomputer in your laptop.” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
Eurocom developed the Sky X9W to be a mobile supercomputing powerhouse for simulation, ray trace rendering, mobile analytics, CAD, CAE, server operations, software development, GIS on the go and so much more; while being a long term, stable system. Supporting the most powerful mobile professional graphics solutions including the NVIDIA Quadro M5000M and M3000M desktop 6th generation Intel Core i7 processors in the EUROCOM Sky X9W ensures the ability to run the most demanding engineering and design software with ease, while on the go.
The EUROCOM Sky X9W M.2 PCIeX4 SSD storage allows workstation users to super-charge productivity and creativity of workflows. The Sky X9W utilizes the new NVMe protocol, designed from the ground up to take advantage of pipeline-rich, random access based storage.
The EUROCOM Sky X9W supports the latest 6th generation Intel Core i7 processors up to 6700K due to the desktop Z170 chipset and LGA 1151 CPU socket. Four SODIMM are supported for up to 64 GB DDR4 memory to pair with a high performance desktop i7 processor.
Professional graphics capability is supported through upgradeable MXM graphics interface up to NVIDIA Quadro M5000M with 8 GB GDDR5 or M3000M with 4 GB GDDR5 for the ultimate graphics capability on the go. To display the exquisite graphics supported din the Sky X9W we fitted it with a high pixel density 4K Ultra HD matte IPS display with a whopping 8,294,400 pixels.
Processor / CPU Options
- 4GHz (up to 4.2GHz) Intel Core i7-6700K; 4C/8T; 8MB L3; Skylake-S; 14nm; LGA1151; 91W
- 3.5GHz (up to 3.9GHz) Intel Core i5-6600K; 4C/4T; 6MB L3; Skylake-S; 14nm; LGA1151; 91W
- 3.4GHz (up to 4GHz) Intel Core i7-6700; 4C/8T; 8MB L3; Skylake-S; 14nm; LGA1151; 65W
VGA / GPU Graphics Options
- 4GB GDDR5; NVIDIA Quadro M3000M (N16E-Q1); 1024 CUDA; OpenGL; MXM 3.0b; 28nm; 75W
- 8GB GDDR5; NVIDIA Quadro M5000M (N16E-Q5); 1536 CUDA; OpenGL; MXM 3.0b; 28nm; 100W
- 4GB GDDR5; NVIDIA Quadro K3100M (N15E-Q1); 768 CUDA; OpenGL; MXM 3.0b; 75W
- 8GB GDDR5; NVIDIA Quadro K5100M (N15E-Q5); 1536 CUDA; OpenGL; MXM 3.0b; 100W
- 2GB GDDR5; NVIDIA Quadro M1000M (N16P-Q1); 512 CUDA; OpenGL; MXM 3.0a; 28nm; 40W
Memory (RAM) Configuration - Fully Upgradeable
- 16GB; 2x 8GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 2 SODIMMs
- 16GB; 1x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 1 SODIMM
- 16GB; 2x 8GB; DDR4; 2400Hz; CL14; 260-pin; 1.2V; Kingston HyperX Impact; 2 SODIMMs
- 16GB; 1x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2400; CL17; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 1 SODIMM
- 24GB; 3x 8GB; DDR4; 2400Hz; CL14; 260-pin;1.2V; Kingston HyperX Impact; 3 SODIMMs
- 24GB; 3x 8GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 3 SODIMMs
- 32GB; 2x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 2 SODIMMs
- 32GB; 4x 8GB; DDR4; 2400Hz; CL14; 260-pin;1.2V; Kingston HyperX Impact; 4 SODIMMs
- 32GB; 4x 8GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 4 SODIMMs
- 32GB; 2x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2400; CL17; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 2 SODIMMs
- 48GB; 3x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2400; CL17; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 3 SODIMMs
- 48GB; 3x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 3 SODIMMs
- 64GB; 4x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2400; CL17; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 4 SODIMMs
- 64GB; 4x 16GB; DDR4; PC4-2133; CL15; 260-pin; Micron; 1.2V; 4 SODIMMs
EUROCOM Sky X9W Specifications:
• Display: Choice of FHD 1920-by-1080 or Ultra HD 3840-by-2160 pixels; 17.3-inch (43.94mm); LCD Display; eDP
• Chipset: Intel Z170 Express (Skylake)
• Processor: socketed desktop LGA1151 CPU, up to Intel i7-6700K, fully unlocked
• Memory: up to 64GB; DDR4-2133, 2400 or 2666; 4 SODIMM sockets
• VGA Technology: Quadro M5000M, M3000M, PhysX; two MXM 3.0 slots
• Display Technology: supports 4 external monitors via 2x DP 1.2, 1x HDMI 2.0 and 1x HDMI 2.0 or DP1.2 (via USB 3.1 type C port); Nvidia Surround View
• Storage: up to 5TB with 4 drives; 2x HDD/SSD (SATA3) + 2x M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4/SATA3; RAID 0/1/5/10; supports NVMe SSDs
• Communications: two 1Gb LAN RJ-45 ports Killer E2400 + M.2 WLAN/Bluetooth; Killer DoubleShot X3
• Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows: 10, 8.1 and 7
• Card Reader: 6-in-1 MMC/RSMMC/SD/miniSD/SDHC/SDXC up to UHS-II
• Keyboard: Illuminated, backlit with customizable 7-colours
• Security: TPM 2.0, Fingerprint and Kensington Lock
• Audio System: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5; external 7.1CH audio output; headphone out, microphone in, S/PDIF and Line-in port; two built-in FORSTER Speakers (2.2W)+ Subwoofer (2.5W)
• Ports: 1x USB 3.1 type C (HDMI 2.0/DP 1.2/Thunderbolt 3); 2x miniDP 1.2; 1x HDMI 2.0; 5x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; 2x RJ45 (LAN)
• Weight and dimensions: 4.8kg / 10.56lbs; WxDxH 428x308x45mm / 17.12x12.32x1.8-inch
Online Article: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/release(324)ec
EUROCOM Sky X9W: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,346,0)ec
EUROCOM Sky X9W Independent Benchmarks: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/reviews(346)ec
EUROCOM Sky X9W NVIDIA Quadro M5000M & M3000M: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/benchmark(103)ec
EUROCOM Sky X9 Brochure: http://net.eurocom.com/download/m346_Brochure.pdf