|Mar 04, 2015
Eurocom launches Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe SSD in Intel Z97 based P5 Pro High Performance Upgradeable Laptop
Eurocom is launching the Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe SSD in the P5 Pro high performance, Intel Z97 based laptop.
EUROCOM P5 Pro storage comes by way of four drive bays, two M.2. SSD slots and two standard drive bays for up to 5 TB of RAIDable storage. PCIe M.2 Solid State drives are supported for enhanced storage performance .
“Our technical team recently completed a series of storage testing, pitting the Samsung SM951 against a Plextor M6e M.2 PCIe SSD and a Micron M600 SATA M.2 SSD and published the results on our website. The results we are achieving in the P5 Pro are really astounding with these M.2 SSD drives, the Samsung SM951 will blow our customers away” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
At the heart of all Eurocom laptops and workstations is upgradeability, customers are able to choose the storage, memory, graphics, processor, display and wireless card to meet their demanding needs.
Samsung’s SM951 comes in the M.2 form factor (80 mm x 22 mm), it weighs approximately six grams. The drive’s compactness is well suited for the EUROCOM P5 Pro’s slim design, which is a steep contrast to the epic performance it wields.
Improving battery life of the EUROCOM P5 Pro, the Samsung SM951 is the first SSD to adopt the L1.2 low power standby mode, allowing the SM951’s power consumption to be drastically reduced – to under 2mW, about a 97 percent decrease from the 50mW consumed using a L1 state.
The Samsung SM951 uses 128Gbit 19nm MLC and in terms of the interface the SM951 moves to PCIe 3.0 x4.
The EUROCOM P5 Pro supports NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M (8GB DDR5), GTX 970M (6GB DDR5) and GTX 965M graphics for unbeatable performance and raw power. There is no Optimus support so there is no lag brought on by graphics switching for maximum performance. Professional graphics support comes from NVIDIA Quadro K5100M and K3100M.
The EUROCOM P5 Pro has Intel® Core™ i7-4700 Desktop Processor Series support from an Intel Z97 Express Chipset and LGA 1150 socket. The unlocked Intel Core i7-4790K and K series processors allows for enhanced performance and user control over their high performance system.
A Trusted Platform 2.0 Module is integrated for enhanced security in order to keep your data and information as safe as possible.
The EUROCOM P5 Pro is able to power four panels at 4k resolution at 60 Hz through its HDMI 2 and 2x Display Ports 1.2 due to its highly capable, high performance graphics architecture through its NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M, 970M, 965M graphics and Intel Core i7 4700 Desktop Processors Series.
“The EUROCOM P5 Pro is the thinnest and lightest laptop we have ever made with the power of a desktop processor. Combined with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M graphics, M.2 storage and its ability to power four, 4k 60 HZ panels is unprecedented.” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
Memory is fully upgradeable and configurable with four SODIMM sockets able to support up to 32 GB of memory.
EUROCOM P5 Pro Specifications:
• Display: 15.6-inch 4K QFHD 3840-by-2160, or FHD IPS 1920-by-1080 pixels; 60Hz; eDP interface; LED Backlit
• Chipset: Intel Z97 Express Chipset
• Processor: Socket based; LGA1150; 4th and 5th generation; up to 90W
• VGA Technology: Modular; MXM 3.0b; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M, GTX 970M or GTX 965M; Quadro: K5100M, K3100M
• Mechanical (Frame): Heavy Duty ABS Plastic
• Cooling: High performance, high quality copper VGA and CPU heatsinks
• Memory: Four 204-pin SODIMM sockets; DDR3L-1600, 1866 or 2133; 1.35V; up to 32GB
• Storage: up to 4 physical drives: 2x M.2 2280 PCIe SSD and 2x HDD/SSD (9.5mm) SATA3 6Gb/s and with Intel Rapid Start Technology; Intel Smart Response Technology and RAID 0/1/5/10
• Card Reader: 6-in-1: MMC/RSMMC/SD/mini SD/SDHC/SDXC; Push-Push
• Keyboard and Touchpad: Backlit full size keyboard with numeric pad; TouchPad with multi-gesture and scrolling; W/A/S/D Gaming key
• Ports: 4 x USB 3.0 (1x powered USB port, AC/DC); 1 x eSATA/USB3.0 Combo port; 2 x Display Port 1.2 (up to 3840x2160 @60Hz); 1 x HDMI output (up to 4096x2304 @24Hz); 1 x Headphone; 1 x Microphone-in; 1 x S/PDIF (digital); 1x Line-in; 1 x RJ-45 LAN; 1 x DC-in
• Audio: High Definition Audio; S/PDIF Digital Output; Built in array microphone; Built in two 2W speakers; Sound Blaster X-FI MB3; External 7.1CH output (headphone, mic, line-in and S/PDIF); ANSP 3D Sound Technology (headphone output)
• Display Support: Supports up to 3 active internal and/or external displays
• Security: Kensington Lock and Embedded TPM 2.0
• Battery: 8cells 82Wh Li-Ion; up to 120 minutes
• Weight: 3.4kg / 7.48lbs w/ battery
• Dimensions: 386x262x35mm / 15.4x10.48x1.4-inch
Eurocom is a leading developer and innovator of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers since 1989. Eurocom has produced many firsts and continues to engineer solutions that inspire and enable individuals and companies to reach great possibilities. For more information on Eurocom please visit www.eurocom.com.