|Dec 11, 2014
Eurocom launches 17.3” Neptune 4W Mobile Workstation with NVIDIA Quadro k5100M, Intel Core i7-4940MX, 32 GB memory, 6.5 TB storage
Eurocom is launching the 17.3” Neptune 4W professional grade, fully upgradeable, high performance Mobile Workstation, equipped with NVIDIA Quadro graphics, up to Intel Core i7- 4940MX Processor Extreme, 32 GB memory and up to 6.5 TB storage.
“Eurocom developed the Neptune 4W, the fourth generation of workstation hardened Neptune’s, for professionals that desire one system to handle their entire workload. The Neptune 4W is powerful enough and combined with a large 17.3” display can replace your desktop, while mobile enough to take nearly anywhere.” Mark Bialic, Eurocom President.
Eurocom offers VGA graphics upgradeability through modular MXM 3.0b technology from NVIDIA Quadro K5100M (8 GB), K3100M (4 GB), K2100M (2 GB) to K1100M (2 GB) so users can choose the professional graphics performance they require to super charge and mobilize their workflow.
With the launch of the Neptune 4W, there will be standard Display Calibration offered because Eurocom recognizes a professional’s display accuracy is crucial to their work.
When it is time to view your final rendered design, model or video, the EUROCOM Neptune 4W has 17.3” matte or glossy displays with high Gamut and contrast to provide the ultimate in image quality. Eurocom offers professional display calibration so users can have perfectly true to life colours right out of the box.
The EUROCOM Neptune 4W is able to run high end professional applications and process large amounts of data with up to 32 GB DDR3-1600 memory and Intel Core i7 processors up to 4940MX Processor Extreme Edition.
The EUROCM Neptune 4W is the ultimate choice for professionals who require a powerful workstation on the go as it is designed for heavy duty engineering work while being lightweight and very mobile.
Engineers who are on the Go require large amounts of storage to ensure they have all the data they need while they are away from the office. The EUROCOM Neptune 4W supports up to 6.5 TB of RAIDable storage through 3 standard storage drive bays and two mSATA SSD drives to keep weight down and storage capacity high.
Eurocom feels the need to provide customers with the utmost in secure computing to keep their information and livelihood safe because they utilize their equipment for engineering, design, software development and other activities that involve valuable intellectual property information.
At Eurocom we take security very seriously, implanting the Neptune 4W with three security layers, one being the Kensington Lock Slot which prevents physical theft of the computer system, one being the TPM module to protect certificate private keys and the other being the biometric finger print reader to lock down access to the computer to only authorized individuals.
EUROCOM Neptune 4W Graphics Options:
NVIDIA Quadro K5100M- 8GB GDDR5, 1536 CUDA; 100W
NVIDIA Quadro K3100M- 4GB GDDR5; 768 CUDA; 75W
NVIDIA Quadro K2100M- 2GB GDDR5; 576 CUDA; 55W
NVIDIA Quadro K1100M- 2GB GDDR5, 384 CUDA; 45W
EUROCOM Neptune 4W Specifications:
• Display: 17.3-inch FHD 1920-by-1080 with Glossy (Glare) or Matte (Non-Glare); LED Backlit
• Chipset: Intel Mobile HM87 Express Chipset (Haswell)
• Processor: 4th Generation; up to Intel Extreme Edition i7-4940MX
• VGA Technology: NVIDIA Quadro: K5100M, K3100M, K1100M; MXM 3.0b; up to 100W; Optimus with Turbo Boost 2.0
• Storage: up to 5 drives; 1st and 2nd HDD/SDD (SATA 6Gb/s; 3rd HDD/SDD via ODD Bay (SATA2); 4th and 5th mSATA (SATA3); RAID 0/1/5/10; support Smart Response Technology (SRT)
• Optical Drive: DVD-Burner; Blu Ray Burner, or 3rd HDD
• Keyboard: Illuminated backlit full size keyboard with touchpad
• Audio System: External 7.1CH audio output headphone, microphone, S/PDIF and Line-in port; Sound Blaster X-FI MB3; two built-in Speakers + Subwoofer; ANSP 3D Sound via headphone output
• Ports: DisplayPort 1.2; HDMI out; Mini Display 1.2; 1x eSATA/USB 3.0; 3x USB 3.0 (1x Powered USB AC/DC); 1x USB 2.0; S/PDIF; Headphone; Mic; Line-in; Firewire-400; RJ45 (LAN)
• Weight and dimensions: 4.1kg (9lbs); WxDxH 414x286x25.3-46.1mm (16.56x11.44x10-1.84")
Eurocom is a leading developer and innovator of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers since 1989. Eurocom has produced many firsts and continues to engineer solutions that inspire and enable individuals and companies to reach great possibilities. For more information on Eurocom please visit www.eurocom.com.