|Sep 17, 2013
Eurocom adds support for RedHat Enterprise Linux Server Edition 6.4 to EUROCOM Panther 5SE Mobile Server
Eurocom (www.eurocom.com), has officially added support for RedHat Enterprise Server Edition 6.4 in its EUROCOM Panther 5SE Mobile Server solution for onsite, server deployment wherever needed.
“Eurocom is excited to offer an all in one Mobile Server enterprise solution in a Notebook Form Factor able to run RedHat Enterprise Server Edition 6.4, with no server room required. The Panther 5SE is a portable, mobile and scalable enterprise technology, designed specifically for fast growing and dynamic organizations that do not have or do not require a permanent IT infrastructure” EUROCOM President, Mark Bialic.
Eurocom’s Panther 5SE now supports Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2 x64, VMware ESXi and RedHat Enterprise Server Edition 6.4. Mobile Server systems are every bit as adept at running virtualized environments as their rack mount counterparts.
“The EUROCOM Panther 5SE mobile server does not require expensive server rooms and permanent IT infrastructure, it can be up and running within minutes to provide server capability anywhere, in the blink of an eye. Perfect for companies on the move” Mark Bialic.
For the last three decades, server computing was done in server rooms, but this has left modern IT departments with multiple bottlenecks. Most of today’s servers draw too much power, consume too much space, and, worst of all, are chained to large, stationary racks. Inability to hurdle these obstacles is keeping many enterprises from evolving and developing the services that will keep them competitive tomorrow.
Fortunately, breakthroughs in server design by Eurocom are now opening up a wide range of ways in which enterprises can leverage mobility to solve current needs and enable future opportunities. Eurocom’s 12-pound Panther 5SE Mobile Server solution, tackles many enterprise bottlenecks, including:
Space. EUROCOM Panther 5SE solutions allow considerable multi-server capability in spaces too small for even a single rack.
Mobility. Organizations can strengthen existing accounts and expand into untapped areas by taking Mobile Server machines into environments that simply couldn’t be addressed with conventional server designs.
Energy. Many enterprises have hit a brick wall with their site’s power consumption. The Mobile Server can consume up to 80% less energy than traditional servers and open up many new IT options.
Affordable Safety. All businesses need disaster plans, but conventional recovery options can take days and/or require massive spending on redundant sites. The Mobile Server can keep backup servers standing by and ready to run from anywhere in an emergency.
Ultimately, the EUROCOM Panther 5SE Mobile Server creates new opportunities for the entire industry. When servers can go everywhere and run cutting edge applications with top performance, there are countless opportunities for new sales, a leap in customer service, and the ability to reshape enterprises so they can master tomorrow’s unpredictable demands.
EUROCOM Panther 5SE: No Server Room Required:
• A racked system still requires a keyboard, mouse, and monitor, which are often placed on additional trays within the rack in order to minimize the total hardware footprint. With Mobile Server, these peripherals are integrated.
• Conventional servers require attendant UPS capability rated for at least 10 to 15 minutes of runtime before shutdown. With the EUROCOM Panther Mobile Server, the swappable polymer Li-Ion battery provides many times this amount.
• Whereas traditional servers typically require 800W to 1000W, Mobile Server systems will run a full load at under 250W. Also consider how much less ambient cooling will be needed as a result of such power drops.
• If a unit needs to be swapped out for any reason, simply grab and go. Most of the wiring required in rack mount scenarios vanishes with a Mobile Server.
• Obviously, taking a racked server to a customer’s site is problematic, and even tower-style servers are considerably more cumbersome. A Mobile Server solution simply slips into a notebook carrying case.
The Eurocom Panther 5SE solution fulfills four essential Mobile Server criteria:
• Ultra-compact size
• Enterprise-class server platform hardware
• Significant power savings
• Complete mobility
Taken together, these four qualities overcome the bottlenecks described above. The world’s first Mobile Server able to meet all four Server criteria is Eurocom’s Panther 5SE. Weighing in at 5.3 kg (11.7 lbs.), with a 60.7 mm (2.43 inches) thickness, the Panther 5SE evolved from high-end notebook designs. In addition to all of the expected notebook must-haves (17.3-inch 1920x1080 display, ExpressCard 54/34, optional webcam, 9-in-1 reader, etc.), Eurocom’s Mobile Server design offers the following server-oriented features:
• Intel Xeon E5 2600 series processor (6 and 8 core, up to Intel Xeon E5-2687W)
• Up to 32 GB of DDR3-1333/1600 triple-channel memory
• Up to four enterprise class SSD drives with RAID 0/1/5/10 capability
• 1Gbe LAN (Intel 82579V); 2nd LAN Adapter(s) available via ExpressCard slot or via external expansion Magma box
Eurocom is a leading developer of long lifespan, fully upgradable notebooks, high performance mobile workstations and mobile servers since 1989. Eurocom has produced many firsts and continues to engineer solutions that inspire and enable individuals and companies to reach great possibilities. For more information on Eurocom please visit www.eurocom.com.
Online Release: http://web.eurocom.com/ec/ec_GetReleaseB(202)
EUROCOM Panther 5SE product page: http://web.eurocom.com/ec/ec_model_config1(1,234,0)x
EUROCOM Panther 5SE images: http://web.eurocom.com/ec/ec_images(234)x